Waukegan, IL Whistleblower Claims Attorney
Lake County Employment Lawyer Helping Clients in Libertyville, Highland Park, and Grayslake
At The Law Offices of Ross J. Peters, Ltd., workplace issues are handled by one of the top employment lawyers in Illinois. Attorney Ross J. Peters handles whistleblower claims aggressively and with precision. He continually employs winning strategies that provide great results for his clients. His level of care and detail are virtually unmatched because he believes that being an attorney is not just a career, it is a life calling.
If you see violations of state or federal laws, rules and regulations, you should be free to disclose such information without fear of retaliation. Mr. Peters protects those who have the courage to blow a whistle on illegal employment practices. He has handled hundreds of claims and secured millions of dollars in compensation for his clients. Attorney Ross J. Peters will walk beside you during some of the most challenging times in your life and make sure you understand the legal process every step of the way.
Laws that Protect Whistleblowers in Illinois
The Whistleblower Act is in place to offer specific protections for Illinois employees who experience retaliation as a result of disclosing unlawful workplace activities. Under the Whistleblower Act, the following actions are prohibited:
- Employer adoption of rules, regulations or policies prohibiting the disclosure of information to a government or law enforcement agency that is reasonably believed to be in violation of state or federal laws, rules or regulations
- Retaliation against an employee for disclosing information in a legal proceeding that is reasonably believed to be a violation of state or federal laws, rules or regulations
- Retaliation against an employee for disclosing information to a government or law enforcement agency where there is a reasonable belief that the information discloses a violation of state or federal law, rules or regulations
- Retaliation against an employee that refuses to participate in activities that would result in a violation of state or federal law, rules or regulations
- Retaliation against an employee who discloses information about public corruption or wrongdoing
It should be noted that the U.S. Department of Labor has a Whistleblower Protection Program. The Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) is the enforcement arm for a multitude of statutes that have provisions for employees to protect them against retaliation. The Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), Clean Air Act (CAA), and the National Transit Systems Security Act (NTSSA) have whistleblower protection. Also, Illinois common law (also called judge made law) protects workers that are discharged for matters involving public policy.
Protecting Your Right to Speak Against Unlawful Employment Practices
You are in for a fight, so you need an attorney who will stand strong throughout the ordeal. Attorney Ross J. Peters will be there for you. If there is one thing he despises, it is a bully. Bullies want to silence your voice. Ross Peters wants to protect your voice and help improve conditions in the workplace today and for future generations. If you have the courage to blow the whistle, he will protect your right to do so.
Contact Attorney Ross J. Peters today to schedule an appointment concerning your whistleblower claim. He serves clients throughout Lake County, Cook County, McHenry County, DuPage County, Will County, Boone County, and Winnebago County. Appointments are available at a location near you. Please call 312-595-9595, 847-625-1854 or 888-531-7400 today.