Ross J. Peters
The Law Offices of Ross J. Peters, Ltd.
33 N County Street
Waukegan, IL 60085
221 North LaSalle Street
Chicago, IL 60601
Ross is the President of The Law Offices of Ross J. Peters, Ltd. and has been named one of Illinois’ top lawyers by the Leading Lawyers Network. He focuses his practice on representing victims of sexual harassment, employment law, discrimination, personal injury claims (including medical malpractice) and business litigation.
Ross has handled over one thousand cases throughout Illinois. In addition to settling major cases, he has tried numerous significant cases to verdict. Further, he has participated in countless mediations and arbitrations.
Ross’s opinions and advice have been sought by national television shows, print media, and radio stations. As a top-rated law professional, he has also trained lawyers and represented lawyers.
Ross received his Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 1976, and graduated in the upper 3% of his class. He then obtained his Juris Doctor from Northwestern University School of Law in 1980.
After graduating from Northwestern, Ross worked at the national law firm of Lord, Bissell & Brook. He went on to be the head of the litigation department at Evans, Loewenstein & Peters before opening his own offices.
Ross is married to his college sweetheart and they raised two beautiful children, who are now grown. A former elite athlete, Ross loves sports and is a fan of all the Chicago sports teams. He is also a car enthusiast.
- Sexual Harassment (Plaintiff)
- Employment Law (Plaintiff)
- Personal Injury Law (Plaintiff - including vehicular accidents, animal attacks, slip and fall, general negligence, workers’ compensation, premises liability, construction liability, product liability, spinal cord injury, brain injury, wrongful death, nursing home negligence and medical malpractice)
Northwestern University School of Law, 1980
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, 1976
Bachelor of Arts: Political Science
After graduating from Northwestern, Mr. Peters worked at the national law firm of Lord, Bissell & Brook. He went on to be the head of the litigation department at Evans, Loewenstein & Peters before opening his own office.
Current/Past Affiliations or Offices Held:
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Lake County Bar Association
- Leading Lawyers Network
Honors & Awards:
- Avvo Clients' Choice Award, 2017
- Named a member of the Nation's Top One Percent of Attorneys by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel, 2017, 2016, 2015
- Named Top Ten Attorney in Employment Law: Employee by Illinois Leading Lawyers Network, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011
- Named a Leading Lawyer in Employment Law: Employee by Illinois Leading Lawyers Network, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
- Dean's List at Northwestern University School of Law in 1979, 1978, 1977
- Dean's List at University of Illinois in 1976, 1975, 1974, 1973
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude from University of Illinois, 1976
- Bronze Tablet (graduated in upper 3%) at University of Illinois, 1976
- James Scholar at University of Illinois, 1975
- Recipient of Charles E. Merriam Scholarship for Political Science Major (outstanding student in political science) at University of Illinois, 1975